Six-Core AMD Opteron™ Processor
+ AMD SR56x0 / SP5100 Chipset-based Solutions
Servers | Motherboards
Supermicro's latest range of AMD motherboards and systems offer new levels of performance and flexibility. Optimized for Six-Core AMD Opteron™ processors (code-named Istanbul) and based on the new AMD SR56x0 / SP5100 chipset, these Supermicro solutions boost performance with PCI-Express 2.0 to double the I/O throughput and reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) with high levels of integration and energy-efficient components.
The AMD SR5690 / SP5100 chipset-based Socket F (1207) Platform supports AMD's 2-way and 4-way Opteron™ Six-Core processors. This new chipset features PCI-Express 2.0 interfaces that increase the I/O data transfer rate to 5 GT/s, or twice that of previous PCI-E 1.x generations. Additional platform advantages include AMD's industry-defining multi-core technology and Direct Connect Architecture, enabling superior overall system performance and efficiency to address your compute-intensive demands.
The full range of Supermicro Six-Core AMD solutions includes both DP and MP servers and workstations in 1U, 2U, 4U, tower, and blade form factors, including:
- GPU-optimized designs:
- Support up to four double-width GPUs along with two CPUs or
up to 7 high-performance add-on cards
- Up to 10 quad-processor (MP) or dual-processor (DP)
Blade Servers in a 7U enclosure:
- Industry-leading density and power efficiency with up to
240 processor cores and 640GB memory per 7U enclosure
These AMD solutions are packed with Supermicro's signature high-performance design features, including:
- 6Gb/s SAS 2.0 designs:
- Four-socket and two-socket server and workstation solutions with
double the data throughput of previous generation storage architectures
- PCI-E 2.0 Slots plus Dual HT Links (HT3) to CPUs:
- Enhance motherboard I/O bandwidth and performance.
- Optimal for QDR IB card support.
- QDR InfiniBand support option:
- Integrated QDR IB switch and UIO add-on card solution for
maximum I/O performance.
- Onboard IPMI 2.0 support:
- Reduces remote management costs.
- High memory capacity:
- 16 DIMM models with high capacity memory support to
dramatically improve memory and virtualization performance
- High-efficiency VRMs:
- Saves energy and reduces electricity costs
- Gold Level high-efficiency power supplies and optimized cooling:
- Further increases overall system power savings