Supermicro Servers Support PCI-E SSD Solutions
NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) is a scalable, high performance CPU PCI-E Gen3 direct connect to NVMe devices, designed for Client and Enterprise server systems using SSDs technology, that was developed to reduce latency and provide faster CPU to data storage device performance.
By deploying Supermicro NVMe, customers can benefit from reduced latency, increased Input/Output operations per second (IOPS), and lower power consumption. This means that customers' Supermicro solutions can perform more work in less time, translating into lower costs and increased revenues. Thus the ROI benefits for customers from NVMe enabled Supermicro servers is immediate and substantial.
The Supermicro server solutions with NVMe support are targeted at HPC, Oil and Gas, 3D modeling and Graphical design workstation, HFT, SQL Database, Search Engine, High Security Encryption datacenter, VDI, Aerospace and Automobile design center, Cluster and Supercomputer applications; in Cloud, Virtualization, and Enterprise environments.
Key advantages of using NVMe:
- Key advantages of using NVMe:
- Large throughput gains (6x)
- Substantial latency improvements (7x)
- Shared common backplane improves flexibility of drive choice
- Improved serviceability vs. PCI-E Flash cards (hot-swap)
- Improved power efficiency
Qualified Micron NVMe
|SMCI P/N||Manufacture P/N||Description|
|HDS-MUN-MTFDHAL3T8TDP1AT||MTFDHAL3T8TDP-1AT1ZABYY||Micron 9300 PRO 3.8TB NVMe PCIe 3.0 3D TLC U.2 2.5" 15mm 1 DWPD|
|HDS-MUN-MTFDHAL7T6TDP1AT||MTFDHAL7T6TDP-1AT1ZABYY||Micron 9300 PRO 7.6TB NVMe PCIe 3.0 3D TLC U.2 2.5" 15mm 1 DWPD|
|HDS-MUN-MTFDHAL15T3TDP1A||MTFDHAL15T3TDP-1AT1ZABYY||Micron 9300 PRO 15.3TB NVMe PCIe 3.0 3D TLC U.2 2.5" 15mm 1 DWPD|
|HDS-MUN-MTFDHAL6T4TDR1AT||MTFDHAL6T4TDR-1AT1ZABYY||Micron 9300 MAX 6.4TB NVMe PCIe 3.0 3D TLC U.2 2.5" 15mm, 3DWPD|
|HDS-MUN-MTFDHAL12T8TDR1A||MTFDHAL12T8TDR-1AT1ZABYY||Micron 9300 MAX 12.8TB NVMe PCIe 3.0 3D TLC U.2 2.5" 15mm 3DWPD|
|HDS-MUN-MTFDHAL3T2TDR1AT||MTFDHAL3T2TDR-1AT1ZABYY||Micron 9300 MAX 3.2TB NVMe PCIe 3.0 3D TLC U.2 2.5" 15mm 3DWPD|
Micron NVMe SSD 9300
- Capacity: 3.2TB, 3.8TB, 6.4TB, 7.6TB, 12TB & 15TB
- Interface: PCI-E 3.0 x4
- Form factor: 2.5"
- Sequential Read: up to 3500 MB/s
- Sustained Write: up to 3500 MB/s
- Random Read: Up to 850k IOPS
- Random Write: Up to 310k IOPS
- Latency: Read/Write: 86 µs / 11 µs
- Operating Temperature: 0°C (32°F) to 70°C (158°F) SMART temperature with suggested airflow condition