New SuperBlade® from Supermicro Revolutionizes Market Delivering Lower Initial Acquisition Cost and TCO
Breaking the Mold of Proprietary High Cost Blade Designs, Delivering Better Acquisition Cost and Higher Density, Performance and Power Efficiency than Rackmount and OCP Servers
San Jose, CA, February 27, 2017 - Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in compute, storage and networking technologies including green computing, has announced its new SuperBlade® that delivers a better initial acquisition cost structure than traditional blade servers, rack mount and OCP servers with the density and operational efficiency of blade servers in an open Rack Scale Design enabled architecture.
The new 8U SuperBlade® supports both current and new generation Intel® Xeon® processor-based blade servers with the fastest 100G EDR InfiniBand and Omni-Path switches for mission critical, enterprise and data center applications. It also leverages the same Ethernet switches, chassis management modules, and software as the successful MicroBlade® for improved reliability, serviceability, and affordability. It maximizes the performance and power efficiency with DP and MP processors in half-height and full-height blades, respectively. The new smaller form factor 4U SuperBlade maximizes density and power efficiency while enabling up to 140 dual-processor servers or 280 single-processor servers per 42U rack.
The shared infrastructure design of the new SuperBlade enables maximum power efficiency by lowering power consumption up to 20 percent, industry leading density up to 7x of 1U rack systems and reduces cabling by up to 96 percent. The SuperBlade leverages open Redfish based management and Supermicro Rack Scale Design to empower open systems management at scale.
“Our new SuperBlade optimizes not just TCO, but initial acquisition cost with industry-leading server density and maximum performance per watt, per square foot and per dollar,” said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. “Our 8U SuperBlade is also the first and only blade system that supports up to next generation Xeon CPUs, NVMe drives and 100G EDR IB or Omni-Path switches ensuring that this architecture is optimized for today and future proofed for the next generation of technology advancements.”
New 8U SuperBlade Enclosure
- Up to 20 half-height 2-socket blade servers with 40 hot-plug NVMe drives
- Up to 10 full-height 4-socket blade servers with 80 hot-plug NVMe drives
- One 100G EDR IB or Omni-Path switch
- Up to 4Ethernet (1G,10G, 25G) switches
- Up to 2 Chassis Management Modules (CMM) for remote system management
- Up to 8 (N+1 or N+N redundant) 2200W Titanium Level (96%) digital power supplies
New 4U SuperBlade Enclosure
- Up to 14 half-height 2-socket blade servers
- Up to 28 single-socket blade server nodes
- Up to 2 Ethernet (1G, 10G, 25G) switches
- One Chassis Management Module (CMM) for remote system management
- Up to 4 (N+1 or N+N redundant) 2200W Titanium Level (96%) digital power supplies
- 2 Intel current or next generation Xeon processors
- 2 hot-plug NVMe/SAS3 or 3 hot-plug SATA3 drives
- Up to 2TB DDR4 memory
- Up to 5 M.2 NVMe
- 2x 1/10/25GbE+ 100G InfiniBand/Omnipath switch connectivity
- 4 Intel current generation of next generation Xeon processors
- Up to 6TB DDR4 memory
- 8 hot-plug NVMe/SATA3 or 4 hot-plug NVMe/SAS3 drives
- Up to 6 M.2 NVMe
- 4x 1/1025GbE or 2x 10GbE+100G InfiniBand/Omni-Path switch connectivity
For complete information on SuperServer® solutions from Supermicro, visit www.supermicro.com.
Follow Supermicro on Facebook and Twitter to receive their latest news and announcements.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI)
Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its “We Keep IT Green®” initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Super Micro Computer, Inc.