Supermicro Highlights Award-Winning Portfolio of Server and Storage Products at Computex 2017
Featuring the broadest portfolio of Server and Storage Systems including the BigTwin®, Ultra All-Flash NVMe SuperServer and SuperBlade® and previewing the new X11 systems based on the upcoming Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family
Taipei, Taiwan, May 30, 2017 - Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in compute, storage and networking technologies including green computing, is participating in Computex 2017, being held at the NanGang Exhibition Center, Hall 1, 4F, May 30 to June 2, 2017. Supermicro will showcase more than 40 Embedded, IoT, Enterprise, Data Center and Gaming solutions in Booth M0120.
Supermicro Award Winning Products:
The Computex exhibition provides IT professionals the opportunity to experience Supermicro’s two award-winning products along with others that were introduced this year. The Smart Edge Server, SYS-E100-9AP, won the Computex Design and Innovation Award 2017 and the Capacity Maximized, Top Loading 60-Bay 4U SuperStorage won the 2017 Best Choice award. The Design and Innovation competition was held in Taiwan by the iF International Forum Design, GmbH and included 96 participants from 8 countries who submitted 255 entries. The Best Choice Award competition was held by the Taipei Computer Association and focused on Functionality, Innovation and Market Potential.
The Supermicro Smart Edge Server, SYS-E100-9AP, is designed to ensure interoperability between systems, for ease of services deployment and to enable a broad ecosystem of solution providers. It not only lets users securely aggregate, share and filter data for analysis but also helps ensure that data generated by devices can travel securely and safely from the edge to the cloud and back – without replacing existing infrastructure. The SYS-E100-9AP is designed for Smart Factory/Building/Home and Kiosk applications or interactive information systems and environmental monitoring.
Supermicro’s Capacity Maximized Top Loading 60-Bay 4U SuperStorage is the only 60-bay storage server supporting NVMe SSDs (6 x U.2) for I/O intensive meta-data operations, the highest performance CPUs, largest memory with 24 DIMMs, on-board M.2 SSDs, HA boot drives, and a wide range networking choices with Supermicro Super I/O Module (SIOM) cards. Deploying and servicing the 60-bay SuperStorage products is easy with tool-less chassis design, tool-less drive carriers, out-of-band management through IPMI 2.0 with a dedicated LAN port, Supermicro RSD based on Intel® Rack Scale Design (Intel® RSD) support, and a built-in front panel LCD for fast system and disk diagnostics. As a mainstay in Supermicro’s Capacity Maximized Top Loading storage product family, 60-Bay Storage offerings are optimized for the most demanding software-defined storage applications and especially popular among cloud service providers and large internet data center customers.
“Winning the ‘Best Choice Award’ for our 60-Bay, Capacity Maximized Top Loading Storage Server and the ‘Design and Innovation Award’ for our Edge Server confirms our ability to anticipate market demands. One 42U rack of 60-Bay top loading storage products would support more than 7PB of storage providing a powerful, multi-tiered, high-density platform for today’s data hungry web scale applications. Our family of 45, 60 and 90 bay storage servers are Capacity Optimized Top Loading storage products that offer the broadest range of solutions for Software Defined Storage,” said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. “The Internet-of-Things is a growing opportunity for Supermicro and we are investing in IoT solutions development. We offer a wide range of Smart Edge Server solutions for highly dense, low power, fan-less and -20° to +60° C applications. We are pleased to have our leading products recognized by the Taipei Computer Association and the iF International Forum.”
New Products Being Shown:
- Rack Scale Design: Supermicro’s Rack Scale Design (Supermicro RSD) solutions based on the Intel® Rack Scale Design software framework empower cloud service providers, telecoms, and Fortune 500 companies to build their own agile, efficient, software-defined data centers. Supermicro RSD is a total solution comprised of Supermicro server/storage/networking hardware and an optimized rack level management software that represents a superset of the open source Intel® Rack Scale Design software framework and industry standard Redfish RESTful APIs developed by the DMTF (Distributed Management Task Force).
- MicroBlade® is an entirely new type of data center computing platform. It provides the efficiencies and TCO advantages of blades, but at a low acquisition cost. It is a powerful and flexible extreme-density 6U/3U all-in-one system that features 28/14 hot-swappable MicroBlade Server nodes supporting 28/14 of the newest dual-node Intel® Xeon® processor UP system configurations with up to 2 SSDs/1 HDD per node. Also, it supports high-density 1G and 10G switches to meet bandwidth requirements for different workloads with support for integrated battery backup. This MicroBlade architecture includes server, networking, storage, and unified remote management for Cloud Computing, Video Streaming, Content Delivery, Social Networking, Desktop Virtualization and Remote Workstation applications.
- BigTwin™ delivers the highest performance and efficiency in a 2U 4-node platform that supports the widest TDP range of CPUs. The current X10 version fully exploits all memory channels with a maximum of 24 DIMMS per node, All-Flash NVMe drives and hot-swap NVMe u.2.
- 8U SuperBlade with up to 20x 2-socket blade servers or 10x 4-socket blade servers. Both blade servers support the highest performance Xeon CPUs as well as hot-plug NVMe SSDs. The system is optimized for high-performance computing applications with 100G EDR IB or Omni-Path switches as well as redundant Ethernet (25G, 10G, 1G) switch support.
- 4U SuperBlade with up to 14x 2-socket or 1-socket blade servers. Both blade servers support high-performance Xeon CPUs as well as hot-plug NVMe SSDs. The system is optimized for data center, enterprise, and cloud applications with 100G EDR IB or Omni-Path switches as well as redundant Ethernet (25G, 10G, 1G) switch support.
- The 1U and 2U Supermicro Ultra SuperServers provide scalability for Virtualization Hosting, Cloud Computing, Data Centers and High-Frequency Trading. The Supermicro SuperServer product line is designed to deliver unrivaled performance, flexibility, scalability, and serviceability that is ideal for demanding Enterprise workloads
- 2U, 3U and 4U SuperStorage solutions in both JBOD and storage configurations that support 24/40 NVMe drives or 60/90 SATA drives that are for Microsoft, VMWare, RedHat and Software Defined Storage solutions. Data transfer rates can be as high as 20GB/s for NVMe solutions. These systems offer a fully redundant, fault-tolerant architecture with hot-swappable drive bays, power supplies and cooling fans. The active-active capable JBOD hardware is perfect for mission critical applications.
- 2U TwinPro™ architecture builds on Supermicro’s proven Twin technology to provide the greatest and highest throughput storage, networking, I/O, memory, and processing capabilities allowing customers to solve their most challenging IT requirements. Optimized for high-end Enterprise, HPC cluster, Data Center, and Cloud Computing environments, the Supermicro TwinPro™ solution for ease of installation and maintenance with the highest quality for continuous operation at maximum capacity. The resulting benefit is the best TCO for customers seeking the greatest competitive advantage from their data center resources.
- SuperStorage Bridge Bay (SBB) features a fully redundant, fault-tolerant “Cluster-in-a-box” system. Optimized for mission-critical, enterprise-level storage applications, the SBB supports hot-swap SAS HDDs with the option to expand by using the SBB JBOD. The Super SBB provides hot-swappable canisters for all active components. Enabled by a heartbeat and data connection between the Server via the mid-plane, if one server fails, the other can take control and access the HDD’s (both controllers can also work in active-active mode), keeping the system up and running.
- Omni-Path 100G 48-port TOR network switch (SSH-C48Q/-C48QM) provides 100Gbps using the Intel® Omni-Path Architecture (Intel® OPA). It offers a unique HPC cluster solution offering excellent bandwidth, latency and message rates that is highly scalable and easily serviceable.
- Embedded and IoT motherboards that support the latest CPUs as well as legacy interfaces. Applications include Communications, Storage Appliances, Digital Signage, Digital Security and Surveillance, Gaming and Entertainment, Industrial Automation, Medical Instrumentation and Devices, as well as Defense and Aerospace.
- Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor support. These systems achieve higher parallel processing capability with Intel® Many Integrated Core Architecture (Intel® MIC Architecture), which combines many Intel® processor cores onto a single chip. The same program source code written for Intel® MIC Products can be compiled and run on a standard Intel® Xeon® processor. Unified with the latest Intel® Xeon® processor family utilizing common instruction sets and Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor’s multiple programming models for HPC, engineering, scientific and research fields including financial analysis, oil/gas simulation, code optimization, 3-D rendering and chemistry applications.
More information on Supermicro products can be found at http://www.supermicro.com
For complete information on SuperServer® solutions from Supermicro, visit www.supermicro.com.
Follow Supermicro on Facebook and Twitter to receive their latest news and announcements.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI)
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its “We Keep IT Green®” initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly, solutions available on the market. For more information, please visit, http://www.supermicro.com.
Supermicro, SuperServer, SuperBlade, MicroBlade, BigTwin, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Intel, Xeon and Xeon Phi are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Super Micro Computer, Inc.
This press release is also available in the following languages: