Prior to submitting an RMA request, please note:
- If we determine that the problem(s) is not covered under the Supermicro Warranty, we will notify you and inform you of service alternatives that are available to you on a fee basis.
- Prior to returning merchandise, YOU MUST OBTAIN AN RMA NUMBER from Supermicro's RMA Department.
- Your RMA number must be clearly marked on the outside of the box. Products received with no RMA number visible on the box may be returned.
- For indirect customers and end-users, we recommend contacting your distributor or reseller for RMA service.
- In order for us to provide you with the best possible service please describe your problem in as much detail as possible.
- IF THE PRODUCT HAS BEEN ABUSED, IMPROPERLY USED OR ALTERED WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION, THE RMA NUMBER WILL BE VOIDED AUTOMATICALLY. THE MERCHANDISE WILL THEN BE RETURNED TO CUSTOMER AT THEIR OWN EXPENSE.
- You may request an RMA online.
For EUROPEAN and ASIAN customers please read the note below!
- For more information, you may consult our RMA FAQ page.
Note to European Customers:
In order to provide you the best service, please read the RMA Return for Repair Policy below:
For Systems or Servers:
- If a whole system is returned for repair:
- RMA department can only service Supermicro servers or systems that were entirely assembled in a Supermicro facility.
- The entire system must be shipped to Supermicro in its original pre-opened condition.
- RMA requests shall be denied if any extra part(s) or component(s) were installed in the system by the customer.
- RMA requests shall be denied if any part(s) or component(s) is shipped to Supermicro in error.
- All arriving RMA items shall be inspected. Supermicro shall hold no responsibility for any missing part(s), nor shall it be responsible for damages to the system as a result of shipment. Customers shall be notified should any missing or damaged part(s) be discovered during inspection.
- Supermicro shall not be responsible for, nor will it service part(s) or accessories that were not pre-installed in the system by Supermicro.
- Supermicro shall not be responsible for, nor will it service system/server damages caused by component(s) that were not pre-installed in the system by Supermicro.
- Supermicro shall not service a system/server if any damage-causing parts/components is excluded in the shipment.
- Supermicro shall fix and return the system/server to the customer in the same fashion or packaging as it was received.
- Available warranty shall be applied to the RMA cost of the server. Customer shall be notified should any additional charge or component replacement be required.
- Supermicro shall not be responsible for, nor shall it service any accessories shipped with the motherboard.
- Supermicro shall not be responsible for any damage as a result of abuse or improper handling by customer, nor by improper shipment packaging.
- Motherboard shall be returned to the customer "as is" if the motherboard is not repairable or if a part required for repair has been discontinued.
- Available warranty shall be applied to the RMA cost of the motherboard. Customer shall be notified should any additional charge or component replacement be required.
Note: Supermicro does not accept any contaminated products.
Please kindly submit your RMA request online at http://www.supermicro.com/support/rma.
BIOS Upgrade Orders (Instructions)
- Please first call 408-503-8000 (ext. 8053 or 8051) to place an order.
- You must provide the following information by fax (408) 453-4025:
- Credit card account number ( VISA or Mastercard ONLY )
- Credit card expiration date
- Name of credit card holder
- Motherboard model # and revision # ( The model # is located at the edge of the board next to the Supermicro logo. The revision # is located next to the model #.)
- BIOS orders must be placed by 12pm (Pacific Standard Time) for next day delivery.
- All BIOS orders are final and non-refundable.
What is the phone number of the Supermicro RMA Department?
You may contact our RMA department at 408-503-8000 (ext. 4 or ext. 8080). To expedite the process, be sure to follow the Guidelines prior to contacting our RMA Department.
How do I order any available parts for my Supermicro product?
Please browse through the Accessories Area of our website to locate our available parts and instructions on how to order them.
My board is out of warranty, what repair options do you have?
Please, first submit an Online RMA Request and we will determine if your board is out of warranty. If the board is out of warranty, there will be a minimum $45.00 (USD) fee in order to repair your board.
I need an urgent replacement for Supermicro products, what special advanced replacement options are available?
Please submit an Online RMA Request and select for "Return for cross-shipment".