SuperBlade® – Power Supplies and Cooling
One of the biggest benefits of moving to a blade environment is the relocation of power supplies and fans into a single chassis versus an individual set in each server. This greatly helps reduce the power requirements on a per server basis.
Underlining Supermicro's high-efficiency power philosophy into the SuperBlade® server technology, Supermicro engineers have mastered the power supply design challenge to produce high-quality, high-performance solutions with peak efficiency ratings of 96%. Supermicro solutions continue to outperform and outlast the competition and providing the best technology investment available to customers.
Key Advantages of Supermicro High-efficiency Blade Power Supplies
- Availability – Non-stop power with N+1 redundant power supply modules
- Cost Saving – At 96% peak efficiency, power consumption is significantly reduced, providing a planet-friendly, real-world advantage for our environment.
- Investment Protection – Power capacity headroom for future generation processors
- Easy Installation – Snap-in installation from the back of the chassis; hot-swappable in operation
- Intelligent Power Infrastructure – Each power enclosure includes a power management module that monitors the power supplies and the power enclosure that connects to the blade management.