Introducing the new Azure Stack HCI for your hybrid cloud
Microsoft Azure Stack HCI is a powerful new hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) cluster solution for hybrid cloud environments. The new Azure Stack HCI OS, delivered as an Azure service, enables you to run virtualized workloads on Microsoft-certified Supermicro HCI hardware solutions, on-premises in your control, while gaining the Azure Cloud efficiency and capability.
Benefits of the new Azure Stack HCI Supermicro Solutions
Microsoft-certified hardware solution from Supermicro
- Industry-leading performance
- Quality delivered by pre-validation and optimization
- High availability and easy to scale out from 2 nodes up to 16 nodes in a cluster
- Flexibility options of Intel and AMD platforms, All-flash and Hybrid, with multiple form factors, drive combinations, and network bandwidths to choose from
Native Azure Hybrid capabilities
- Delivered as an Azure Service, always up to date with latest security and features
- Manage your on-premise HCI cluster from Azure Portal
- Natively integrated with Azure services such as Azure Monitor, Azure Backup, and Azure Security Center
Price-performance of HCI
- Flexible per core subscription model for cost optimization
- No upfront license cost for Azure Stack HCI OS
Easy to manage with no learning curve
- Easy to deploy and manage using both GUI and scripts
- Integrate into your existing IT environment
- Familiarity with existing virtualization and storage concepts and skills
When to use the new Azure Stack HCI*
* Refer to technical use case briefs for more details
Supermicro Intel-based Hardware solutions for Azure Stack HCI are designed to deliver the highest performance, flexibility, scalability and serviceability to demanding IT environments, and optimized for mission-critical enterprise workloads.
The Supermicro solution is pre-validated/certified and optimized for running an Azure Stack HCI cluster, starting from 2 server nodes and support up to 16 nodes in a cluster. Each server node in the cluster is equipped with latest Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, DDR4 memory, NVMe as caching devices, with flexible options of different drive combinations including All-NVMe, NVMe+HDD, NVMe+SSD, NVMe+SSD+HDD, and RDMA enabled high-speed networks.
We currently offer the following Microsoft certified Azure Stack HCI solutions SKUs based on Supermicro Ultra, BigTwin and 1U 12 Bay Drawer platforms:
AMD EPYC™-based Solution
Supermicro A+ servers based Azure Stack HCI solutions are optimized for AMD EPYC 7002 series processors and deliver excellent core density, memory bandwidth and I/O capacity.