Enable your remote workforce using Supermicro’s VDI solutions with NVIDIA vGPU software.
VDI has become increasingly popular with the broadened availability of mobile broadband, higher bandwidth, more compute power in modern mobile devices, higher display resolutions and a trend of BYOD within enterprises. Supermicro VDI solutions provide the best user experience for remote workers by leveraging NVIDIA GPUs running NVIDIA vGPU software.
Supermicro has developed a line of fully validated server solutions featuring high performance NVIDIA GPUs, along with NVIDIA virtual GPU (vGPU) software, to address the rapidly growing Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) market. Our VDI solutions offer best-in-class remote user experience for remote desktop and/or workstation needs by allowing workers to do their job securely from anywhere while having access to the same capabilities as if they were working from the office. Because of the increasing demand for a flexible and remote workforce, many people are finding the need for a better, faster, and greener VDI infrastructure as a major part of its remote work strategy. Supermicro is here to support the growth and scale of your virtualization infrastructure.
NVIDIA vGPU Software Editions
NVIDIA has a solution for many different specific use cases. Each version below is a solution that gives the right capabilities and power for each user’s needs.
NVIDIA GPUs for Virtualization
Below is a list of current GPUs that support NVIDIA virtual GPU software.
|NVIDIA V100 Tensor Core GPU
|1 NVIDIA Volta GPU
|32 GB HBM2
|High-end professional graphics users; includes use for double-precision compute workloads (3D models and design workflows, intensive CAE simulations)
|NVIDIA A40 Tensor Core GPU
|1 NVIDIA Ampere GPU
|48 GB GDDR6
|Powerful RTX Rendering platform for high-end professional graphics users (rendering and creative complex designs); includes single-precision compute workloads
|NVIDIA T4 Tensor Core GPU
|1 NVIDIA Turing GPU
|16 GB GDDR6
|Entry to mid-range professional graphics users including deep learning inference and rendering workloads, RTX-capable, 2 T4s are a suitable upgrade path from a single M60, or upgrade from a single P4 to a single T4
|4 NVIDIA Maxwell GPUs
|2,560 (640 per GPU)
|32 GB GDDR5 (8 GB per GPU)
|Best density and performance for knowledge worker workloads
Licensing and SKU List
For more details on what's supported in each version of NVIDIA virtual GPU software, see the NVIDIA Virtual GPU Packaging, Pricing, and Licensing Guide.
Supermicro VDI Server solutions + NVIDIA GPUs + NVIDIA vGPU Software
Supermicro has truly optimized server solutions for VDI, coupled with NVIDIA vGPU software gives best user experience for virtual compute, desktop, or workstation.
- Best Windows 10 VDI user Experience. E-Book Download
- Exceptional User Experience. Top user experience with the ability to support both compute and graphics workloads for every vGPU accelerated VM
- Predictable Performance. Consistent performance with guaranteed quality of service regardless of device or location
- Continuous Innovation. A regular cadence of new software releases to ensure that you stay on top of the latest features and enhancements
- Best User Density. Industry’s highest user density solution with support for up to 32 virtual desktops per GPU
- Optimal Management and Monitoring. True end-to-end management and monitoring with real-time insight into GPU performance and migration technology, plus broad partner integrations that let you use the tools you know
- Multiple Monitor. Support multiple displays and up to 8K-resolution displays to expand your workspace, enhance multi-tasking, and increase productivity
- Flexibility. Ability to dynamically allocate GPU resources to make sure that each VM and User has the power they need to do their job
Supermicro VDI with NVIDIA vGPU Solution Stack
Resources & Reference Architectures
"Supermicro server + NVIDIA GPUs + vGPU Software Architectures"
With Supermicro Virtual Workstation reference Architectures, you can implement pre-tested VDI bundles that mitigate the challenges around cost, planning, procurement, and deployment. Certified Supermicro servers with NVIDIA GPUs and vGPU software licenses can help you achieve your best performance and user experience.
Additional vGPU Resources
VDI has grown from a feature to a necessity. With additional demand comes additional challenges. Supermicro is able to help with your VDI needs. Please see below resources for more information.