Red Hat OpenStack Platform gives enterprises an open foundation to deploy, scale, and manage a private cloud.
Supermicro and Red Hat OpenStack Platform solutions combine the power of Red Hat OpenStack Platform technology and industry leading compute, storage, and networking systems manufactured by Supermicro to deliver a foundation for building private, hybrid, or public IaaS cloud environments. It offers a highly scalable, fault-tolerant, production-ready, turnkey platform for running cloud-enabled workloads.
Supermicro and Red Hat OpenStack Platform solutions are built on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®, a secure, reliable, and supported operating system. It is enhanced by integrating with other Red Hat products such as Red Hat Ansible® Automation, Red Hat Satellite and Red Hat Ceph® Storage. A Supermicro and Red Hat OpenStack Platform solution also makes an ideal foundation for Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) deployment with Red Hat OpenShift® Container Platform — a platform for building, deploying, and managing container-based applications consistently across hybrid cloud and multi-cloud infrastructures.
Supermicro and Red Hat OpenStack Platform solutions integrate high density compute and storage platforms to achieve the best performance and scalability. It takes advantage of Intel scalable processors, high performance NVMe, and 25G networking. The scale-out architecture can dynamically expand capacity across cloud environments to meet demand peaks without downtime or complex processes.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform
Red Hat OpenStack Platform is leading open source cloud infrastructure project—stabilized for your enterprise
Red Hat® OpenStack® Platform is a cloud computing platform that virtualizes resources from industry-standard hardware, organizes those resources into clouds, and manages them so users can access what they need—when they need it.
Red Hat® OpenStack® Platform brings together open, community-powered innovation with enterprise scale and confidence—empowering businesses to deliver new, differentiated applications and services on a flexible, scalable, and proven OpenStack private cloud. It offers key benefits in the areas of operational management; platform life-cycle management; reliability, availability, and performance; security and compliance; and integration
Supermicro Red Hat® OpenStack solution Advantages
- Fully integrated, pre-configured and completely tested
- Co-engineered with Red Hat, Supermicro provides a production-ready turnkey OpenStack solution with compute, storage, and networking which is fully validated, configured, and optimized.
- High density and high performance with scale-out architecture
- 2U BigTwin for high density compute and large memory footprint, 1U 12x3.5” HDD+ 4x NVMe storage server for high capacity and enhanced disk IO, 25GbE networking for strong bandwidth and scalability.
- A reliable and secure cloud foundation
- Built on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, it includes key security features such as security-enhanced Linux.
- Quick deployment and unified lifecycle management
- Integrated Red Hat OpenStack Platform Director for quick deployment; and Red Hat CloudForms® to track user-based resource quotas, usage monitoring, and financial chargeback. It can address customer demands in hours or minutes instead of weeks or days, without sacrificing security, performance, or budget.
- Automated update and upgrade process
- Integrating Red Hat OpenStack Platform Director with Red Hat Ansible Automation provides seamless patch updates, version upgrades, and post-deployment configuration changes without downtime.
- Production-ready, highly scalable cloud storage
- Pair Red Hat OpenStack Platform with Red Hat Ceph Storage for object, block, and file storage that can improve a cloud’s performance.
Supermicro Red Hat OpenStack Ready Server Platforms Solution Architecture
Supermicro Red Hat OpenStack Reference Architecture Configuration
Supermicro Red Hat OpenStack reference architecture comes with three options for different use cases, small, medium and Large. The starting kits based on Red Hat OpenStack Ready Server Platforms enable users to scale the infrastructure with the benefit of resource optimization for both traditional and cloud-native application on a single architecture includes compute, network, and storage.
|Controller node #
|Compute node #
|Storage node #
|Total memory (GB)
|Total storage capacity (TB)
|Estimated VM capacity