Supermicro Server Management (Redfish® API)
DMTF's Redfish® is a standard API designed to deliver simple and secure management for converged, hybrid IT and the Software Defined Data Center (SDDC). Both human and machine readable, Redfish leverages common Internet and web services standards to expose information directly to the modern tool chain. Supermicro enables Redfish feature sets on Intel-based X10 and AMD-based H11 and later generation platforms.
Together, Redfish and Supermicro create a dominant alliance for managing today's heterogeneous hyperscale data center environments with a new management standard for uniform server management and monitoring as scale increases exponentially. Supermicro Redfish APIs support the DMTF Redfish standard for seamless multi-vendor server management experience.
You can explore the complete DMTF Redfish specification at https://www.dmtf.org/standards/redfish
Redfish features and benefits:
Until Redfish, interoperable management standards were lacking for modern data center environments. As organizations shift to scale-out solutions, legacy standards are insufficient to manage numerous simple and multi-node servers or hybrid infrastructures. Today customers demand a well-defined API that uses the protocols, structures and security models that are common in Internet and web services environments. Redfish is the solution that provides a modern interface that builds on widely-used tools to accelerate development.
Supermicro's Redfish solution enables users to program simple configuration and maintenance tasks, reduces vendor lock-in, adds security, increases productivity and plays a significant role to enable next-generation infrastructures.
End-to-end Redfish functionalities are covered under the SFT-DCMS-SINGLE license.
Supermicro Redfish features:
- Get System/Chassis inventory info
- Manage user accounts and privileges
- BMC configuration (AD, LDAP, SNMP, SMTP, RADIUS, Fan mode, Mouse mode, NTP, Snooping, etc.)
- BIOS configuration
- Boot order change
- Storage Management / RAID Configuration (Broadcom 3108, 3008, 3216, 3616 & Marvel SE9230)
- Get NIC MAC info (NIC asset info)
- BMC/BIOS/3108 Firmware updates
- Get thermal/power/sensor info
- Get system component health (PSU, FAN, Memory, CPU, component change, etc.)
- Get hostname
- Launch iKVM/HTML5
- Update SSL certificate and key
- BMC configuration reset/BMC reset
- Get health event log/advanced system event log
- Acknowledge warning/critical severity events
- Virtual Media ISO image mounting
- System power operations and many more
- KCS Channel privilege control
- Redfish Secureboot
Supermicro Management Plug-ins
Supermicro offers plug-ins that integrates with management consoles into a customer's existing cloud infrastructure. Take advantage of Supermicro's OEM features through a UI that you are comfortable with.
Licensing: SFT-DCMS-SINGLE required for each target node.
Supermicro Management Plug-in for Nagios provides a command line interface for remote management and monitoring of Supermicro server via Redfish. The plug-in can integrate with Nagios Core to monitor server health of the following components:
- System health
- Fan sensors
- Temperature sensors
- Voltage sensors
- Power supply
It also provides the following management features:
- Updating BIOS and BMC firmware
- Updating BIOS configurations
- Hardware and firmware inventory
- Managing event subscriptions
The Supermicro Management Plug-in for VMware vCenter is designed to manage and monitor Supermicro servers through Redfish since V2.0.0. The plug-in is integrated with vSphere Client, offering a consistent user experience.
- Supports HTML5 based vSphere Client *
- Supports BIOS and BMC firmware update via Redfish
* Since vCenter Server version 6.7.0
Supermicro Management Plug-in for Microsoft SCOM allows visibility to all Supermicro host systems through Redfish, monitors and manages in the centralized dashboard of Operations Manager console.
- Centralized asset information and management
- Supports Microsoft SCOM 2019