Supermicro Server Manager (SSM)
Supermicro Server Manager (SSM) is an all-in-one solution to manage and monitor Supermicro servers in an IT datacenter from a single console view. SSM supports REST APIs, WebUI, and CLI. Licensing: SFT-DCMS-Single required for each target node.
- Manages system through BMC/IPMI or SuperDoctor 5 (OS Agent)
- Updates server BIOS and BMC/IPMI firmware and configurations
- Edits DMI (SMBIOS) information
- Pushes OS Deployments without human intervention (RHEL, CentOS, SLES, Ubuntu, VMware ESXi)
- Mounts bootable ISO images to for maintenance and image installations
- Exports and clears System Event Logs
- Remotely Powers on/off/reset the target systems
- Manages power policies of individual nodes
- Integrates with LDAPv3 and AD Authentications
- Actively monitors server hardware and service health
- Checks asset information on system components
- Checks system utilization (TAS Agent required & Only available on X10 and later generations)
- Alerts through E-mails and SNMP Traps
- Logs and reports managed nodes availability
- Monitors power usage for servers
- Initiates Remote console to target machines through VNC
- Automated ticket generation from Supermicro Global Service Team (Supermicro service agreement required)
- Multi-level service call notifications
- Monitors pre-defined critical hardware failures of fully built systems by Supermicro
- Customer defined sensor monitoring
- Licensing: Additional SFT-DCMS-SVC-KEY licenses on each target node for Call-Home function
Supermicro offers plug-ins that integrates SSM into a customer's existing cloud infrastructure. Take advantage of Supermicro's OEM features through an UI that you are comfortable with.
SSM SCOM plug-in allows visibility to all Supermicro host systems through Microsoft's Operations Manager.
SSM vCenter plug-in is a multi-functional and easy-to-use tool that allows SSM managed hosts and vSphere ESXi hosts at the same time. The plug-in is installed on the vSphere Web Client.